Federal Tax Credits Available to Business Owners in Missouri
Within the state of Missouri, companies that are performing qualifying research and development can take advantage of the extremely cost-effective Research and Development Tax Credit to offset costs spent performing the research activities. The credit is often overlooked by companies simply because they don’t realize their work qualifies them or the stat.
While the state of Missouri currently has no opportunities to take advantage of the Research and Development on a state level, the federal credits available are very significant.
Federal R&D Tax Credit Program Highlights
- Every year, more than $7.5 billion in federal R&D credits are given out to companies across the United States.
- The Research and Development Tax Credit provides cash incentives through the form of credits for companies performing research activities in the United States.
- The credit offsets costs spent performing research activities against federal tax liabilities.
- Tax credits may be carried forward as far as 20 years.
- The credit can be taken by a business on all open tax years, typically the last three or four years, plus the current year.
- The credit creates a significant reduction to current and future federal tax liabilities.
- All companies can potentially benefit from the tax credit if qualifying research activities are taking place.
The Research and Development Tax Credit
R&D is a dollar for dollar tax credit that can be claimed by companies in the United States to offset costs spent performing research and development to benefit their business. Created as an incentive by the United States Government for businesses to undergo research activities to develop or improve their products, processes, or software, The R&D credit was made permanent on a federal level by the Protecting Americans Against Tax Hikes Act of 2015, allowing business owners to ensure their research activities would earn them the lucrative credit. The PATH Act also broaden the variety of industries that are able to claim the credit.
How to Apply
Claiming your R&D tax credits is made simple by our team at National Tax Group. Set up your FREE phone call and assessment of benefits. During your call, we’ll determine if your research activities qualify your company to take advantage of the R&D Tax Credit Program. We’ll provide the proper documentation and remain by your side until all documentation is submitted and approved by the Internal Revenue Service. In the highly unlikely event of an audit, we will supply all materials needed to clear it at no extra cost for you. Contact us today.