Companies within the automotive industry are able to qualify for R&D tax credits for the qualifying research activities and steps they are taking in order to make products and processes more efficient and environmentally friendly. This lucrative tax credit is sometimes overlooked because the qualifying activities often take place in the plant or on the shop floor.
Qualifying activities include
- Testing to meet compliance regulations and safety requirements
- Conducting tests to maintain quality assurance
- Prototyping and three-dimensional modeling
- Developing environmental consideration for overall operations
- Improving environmental safety or worker safety
- Designing, constructing, and testing new product prototypes
- New parts design or revisions
- Introducing new or improved efficiencies to a wide range of manufacturing operations, from automated body assembly, to crash-testing prototypes, to eliminating material waste
Contact us for a free assessment
We’ll determine if you qualify for the lucrative R&D tax credit.